I read a book by Pete Wilson earlier this year - "Plan B" which I very much enjoyed, so when I saw this latest book of his was available for review I jumped at the chance to read it. I found parts of "Empty Promises" hard to get into, and I am not sure if that was because it personally challenged me or whether it was just not engaging. However Pete does raise some interesting questions in this book. Lots of times I found I just had to put the book down to really think about what he was saying.In Empty Promises: The Truth about You, Your Desires, and the Lies You’re Believing, Pete Wilson exposes the lies, points out the truth, and guides the reader towards the only One who can truly satisfy. Some of the topics covered in the book are achievement, power, approval, money, beauty, dreams, and religious lies. I related to a number of these issues. It is very easy to believe the lies of the world that having success, or money, or power etc will make you happy. But of course they don't and we are left disappointed.
This is an interesting book that I would recommend to anyone searching for something more in their life.
Disclosure: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com <http://BookSneeze.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.
To browse other reviews or obtain further details about this book, go to http://booksneeze.com
No comments:
Post a Comment