Monday, October 22, 2012

And the Liebester Blog Award goes to.......(drumroll please)



A little while ago, a Mummy friend of mine tagged me with a Liebester Blog award.  "Liebster" is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.  Apparently I was meant to pass it on..... so here goes!

The rules:
* Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
* Answer the questions the person who tagged you created, then make 11 questions of your own for the people you tag.
* Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
* Go to their page and tell them.
* No tag backs.


11 Facts about me:

1. I had 2 nicknames at school - both of which I hated - "blowfly" and "brainbox".
2. I was married at 20.
3. I am not in the least bit sporty (but I do like to swim, albeit slowly). 
4. I once got 100% on a maths test.  The next test I got 99%.  The teacher's comments were "could do better" and my mother asked me "what did you get wrong?"
5. I only ever had one best friend all through school.
6. I was a "good girl" at school and most of the time at home.
7. I thought that my teacher in grade 7 was so bad that I encouraged my mother to come up to the school along with several other mothers to 'demand' that she teach us what all the other classes were learning!!!
8. I can only ever remember my mother sticking up for me twice in my life - once was in fact 7 above, the other time was with a Myer Santa when I was about 5.  
9. I wanted to be a nurse until I turned 6 and had my tonsils out.
10. I wanted to be a teacher until I was in grade 7 (refer to fact 7).
11. I've always wanted to write a book.

And these are the questions I am answering from http://slightlymoredepththanateaspoon.blogspot.com.au/


1.  Your house burns down in the middle of the night. Who is the first person you call?  The Fire Brigade

2. If you could have anything to eat or drink right now, what would it be?  Chocolate, although since I have just eaten a whole packet of Arnotts Monte biscuits, I probably don't need it!

3. How do you kill a spider?  With a shoe

4. Would you rather be blind or deaf?  Neither, thank you.  But being blind would be worse (I am very short-sighted, so I know what it's like not to be able to see very well)

5.  What would you do with a million dollars?  Give some to the church, some to charity, pay off the mortgage, buy a new car, go on a holiday, invest the rest.

6. How do you take your coffee?  I hate coffee, never touch the stuff

7. If you could only watch one movie for the rest of your life, which one would you pick? No idea, don't really have a favourite.

8. How did you meet your significant other?  He was working in the Commonwealth Bank as a teller.

9. What time did you go to bed last night?  About midnight I think but I read for a little while after that.

10. Ginger, yes or no?  No

11. What is your favourite time of the day?  After the kids have gone to bed!

Here are the 11 questions I am asking of these people:

Outback Crafter
Naturally Carol
Yes I Said Four
Beyond the Edge of Adventure
Turkish Delights
Teaching In Cambodia
Wacky Guys
Cooking For Oscar
Happy At Herb Gully
Fox Makes Four
Happiness Begins With 4


1. When you were 10, what did you want to be when you grew up?
2. What is your favourite food?
3. What car do you drive?
4. Coffee or Tea?
5. How often do you change the sheets on your bed?
6. Who do you most admire?
7. Who was your favourite teacher at school and why?
8. How old were you when you found out Santa wasn't real?
9. Have you ever been in hospital?
10. What do you like most about yourself?
11. What 3 words describe you best?




2 comments:

  1. Thanks Janet! I think you've just given me some homework..hehe! Nice to get to know about you a little more. {You'll have to give me a little time to answer..thanks.}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for participating :) Interesting what you learn about people!

    ReplyDelete