Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Time to Speak Up

This is a blog post that won't win me any popularity contests.  Some people will be offended, some will think I am nuts, and some probably won't continue to be my friends..... but so be it.


For years now (ever since I had a miscarriage back in 1998), I have known that God wants me to speak up in defense of unborn babies being aborted.  I knew that, but I didn't often do it.  I bought a DVD entitled "In the Womb" to give me a better idea of how a fetus develops, but I did nothing with that information.


A few years ago I received an email about ending abortion, and I forwarded it to a group of people who I thought would have had similar views to me.  I was contacted by two of those people who let me know in no uncertain terms that they had no wish to be involved and thought it was a breach of my role in the organisation from which I had obtained their email addresses.  I was mortified and crawled back under a rock, not mentioning the subject again in case I offended someone.


Well now I say TOO BAD IF YOU ARE OFFENDED.  It's time for me to speak up.  It's time for me to say, abortion is wrong.  Abortion is murder of an innocent little baby, no matter what age/stage the pregnancy.  If left alone in the womb, that child would have developed into a walking, talking little miraculous person.  What right does anyone have to decide that life isn't important enough to continue.  Since when do the rights of one person give anyone the right to kill another person?  How many couples can't have children and would just love the chance to raise that little person you don't want?


When I get to heaven (and I know that I am going there, not because of anything I have or haven't done, but because of my relationship with Jesus Christ as my saviour), He is going to ask me what I did with what He gave me.  I don't need to answer for anyone else, only my own actions.  I've done LOTS AND LOTS of things that I am not proud of, and that would disqualify me from entering into heaven in my own strength.  But here's the great thing - I don't get there by my own strength!  It's only because of what Jesus has done for me, by dying on the cross.


For all I know, some of you reading this may have had an abortion.  I'm not here to judge you.  What's done is done.  God still loves you.  He will still forgive you if you repent.  No one sin is any worse than any other to God.  We tend to put "murder" at the top of the list of bad things, but God doesn't see it that way


No, I'm not here to judge, and I'm not here to tell you how to live your life.  I'm just trying to speak out to stop even one baby from dying unnecessarily.  Then when God asks what I did, I can say with all honesty, "I did what I could - I spoke up."

1 comment:

  1. Hey Janet,

    Good for you, stepping up! God needs more brave warriors like you to speak TRUTH (albeit kindly and with love) in this world gone mad. Bless ya J x

    ReplyDelete