Saturday, August 6, 2011

What a response!

Wow, I was blown away by the response to my starting a blog!  Although there are only 3 comments here, I've had emails and facebook comments from people, encouraging me to keep going.  Thank you!!!!


Some people don't like Facebook, but I believe that God is using it as a tool in my life to connect with people.  Having been out of the workforce for 6 1/2 years, it feels very isolating being at home sometimes, but at night when I log onto FB, I find out what's been happening in the "real" world, and I feel like I'm part of something bigger than myself.  Also on FB I am free to say whatever I think - I might not be game to bring Jesus into my face-to-face conversations, but it's the most natural thing in the world to click "share" on some of Joyce Meyer's teaching.


I had a wonderful morning/afternoon today with a friend, enjoying cups of tea, several pieces of cake, and talking about the "big" issues in life.  I feel like I have been stuffing around for years, not really doing what I know God wants me to do, and that now it's time to "get serious".  We've made a pact to be accountable to each other, and I really feel that's important.  When we next meet, I want to be able to say that I've done something that we spoke about.


The other area in my life that is really bugging me is my weight.  I have taken no responsibility for it and basically eaten whatever I liked.  I saw a video of myself the other day and was mortified.  In my head I am still the skinny little kid at school, but the camera shows something different.  I have a school reunion coming up at the end of the year, and I'd prefer a lighter version of myself made an appearance.  Again, it's not rocket science - "stop eating chocolate and go for a walk".  So I did that today, even though I had the cake, I also had the walk, and tonight when I went to the fridge for the chocolate, I stopped myself, ate 3 strawberries instead, and imagined God smiling at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment