Boy oh boy, when God is trying to teach me something ..... do I rebel.....
After Sunday's amazing video at Church, and writing my blog, determined to have a "trusting, joy filled" week - He tested me this morning, and guess what I scored? Probably an "F" (as in "Fail"). I did not trust.... I complained. And I did not choose joy - I chose anger. Someone confronted me about a few things I do (or am not doing, more to the point), and I burred up, ready to snap her head off. Not the reaction I am supposed to have as a Christian. Then to make matters worse, when that little incident was over, I complained loudly and inappropriately to someone else, as well as plastering it over facebook.....
My "flesh" wants to just SCREAM!!!! I hate this. I want to rant and rave and feel sorry for myself and throw a little hissy fit. But my "spirit" is coaxing me out of what Joyce Meyer calls "stinkin' thinkin'" - I know Jesus died for this woman. I know she has good intentions in telling me these things. I know God is using this experience to mature me into the woman He wants me to be.....
How do I stay calm and choose joy? Well I am guessing one way is to spend more time with God and less on facebook. I've set myself a goal of spending 15 mins reading the Bible and 15 mins praying each day. That certainly sounds manageable, it's just being disciplined to actually do it. So I'm logging off here, and onto biblegateway.com - one of my favourite websites!
No comments:
Post a Comment