Thursday, June 7, 2012

Dear Jane...

I thought about you today, just like I thought about you yesterday, and the day before.....

I miss you!  I miss your smile.  I miss your laugh.  I miss chatting to you.  I have just re-read the blog I wrote as a tribute to you after you died, and I am bawling again.

I saw your husband and boys today.  Your husband is doing such an amazing job.  What an awesome person he is.  I think I know now why you married him!  He's doing well.  The boys seem to be doing well.  They look happy, they look healthy.

My daughter told me a couple of weeks ago that your son asked her if she had a boyfriend.  She said she did and told him who he is (one of the other boys in their year 2 class!).  Then she told your son "but if I don't marry him, I'm going to marry you!" and your son ran screaming away from her.  I laughed and laughed imagining him doing that.  I think you would have been in hysterics too!

We had a visit from the Qld State of Origin team yesterday.  The town was so excited.  It was so lovely to have something exciting happen, after all the sadness of the last few years.  Your boys enjoyed it.  I saw your husband marching with the school rugby team.  He's coaching them after school.  I'm not sure if he used to do that before, but he seems to be doing an excellent job from what I have seen (not that I am in any way a rugby expert - I even managed to mistake Cameron Smith for Billy Slater yesterday....lol).

Have you met my daughter's little friend Bethany in heaven yet?  If you haven't, please keep an eye out for her.  She is the beautiful little 7 year old princess who is always laughing and dancing with Jesus.  I bet you have met though, and I bet you've been comparing notes about our town and laughing about things we used to do.

I'm glad you're happy.  You are still so missed here.  I'm praying for your family.  Give my little girl a hug for me.

I miss you!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Janet
    I wonder what it was about today? Jane was on my mind a lot too. Maybe just seeing Kerry at the march yesterday - who knows.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Debra

    ReplyDelete