Todd's almost 4 year old son was seriously ill and being operated on when he was taken on a trip to heaven. The details he recalled after the event were incredible. It had me bawling in places, especially when he talked about meeting his sister, who his mother had miscarried before he was born.
When I heard about the children's version of this book, I knew I had to get it for my daughter. The illustrations in this book are amazing. The story is simple for children to understand, but I was a little disappointed in the lack of details in the children's version compared to the adult version. Because of this, I would recommend that anyone who intends to buy Heaven is for Real for Kids, also buys Heaven is for Real, and reads that through first.
This is a book that I can imagine reading over and over (and over again) with my children (who are now 7 & 4). I loved that Todd has included scripture references throughout the book, so that I can read the Bible passages that relate to the story, to my children.
Whilst nothing can compare to the Biblical account of heaven, this book goes a long way towards making it "real" for kids.
Disclosure: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com <http://BookSneeze.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.
To browse other reviews or obtain further details about this book, go to
http://booksneeze.com/blogger

No comments:
Post a Comment