Women of Faith - Lana Bateman, Jenna Lucado Bishop, Patsy Clairmont, Mary Graham, Natalie Grant, Lisa Harper, Barbara Johnson, Carol Kent, Marilyn Meberg, Sandi Patty, Lori Robertson, Luci Swindoll, Kim Cash Tate, Joni Eareckson Tada, Donna VanLiere, Sheila Walsh and Lisa Whelchel have all contributed to this lovely 2012 daily devotional.Whilst I haven't read all of the daily entries yet, I found myself smiling at most of the contributions that I read - some are funny, some are challenging, most are thought-provoking.... but all are encouraging and inspirational. There is something very comforting in reading a women's devotional book, written by women for women. I personally think anything that brings us into a closer relationship with God has to be a good thing, and this devotional does that for me.
Entries entitled "Lord, Show Me Where to Start", "Believing God Knows What He's Doing", "You are You for a Reason", "The Joy of E-Mail Journaling" and "Are You Velcro or Teflon?" immediately grabbed my attention. Over the course of the year, there is something for every woman of every age and stage in life.
I chose the e-book version, which I found easy to read and navigate. Either the e-book or printed version would make a lovely gift for a friend or family member, or just as a treat for yourself.
Disclosure: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com <http://BookSneeze.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.
To browse other reviews or obtain further details about this book, go to http://booksneeze.com
No comments:
Post a Comment