Sunday, October 23, 2011

Just one of those days........

Sometimes I think I'm really not cut out to be a mother..... today is one of those days.

Yesterday our whole family woke up at 6.15am.  That isn't early for most families.... but it IS for us.  So we've spent most of the weekend tired (and cranky).  Tonight I've just had enough.  We've had a big weekend, and the 4 year old boy is just crazy.  He woke up crazy this morning, and I don't think he's stopped being crazy for 5 minutes today.  The 6 yr old girl just won't stop talking, singing, humming or making ridiculous animal noises.  She can't stand for there to be 5 minutes of silence.  I just want some PEACE AND QUIET!!!!


She went to a friend's place this afternoon for 2 hours, so I thought the small boy and I would get a sleep.... instead he spent an hour playing on his bed (too loudly for me to sleep), and then got up.  I suppose at least I had a rest....


The talkative girl took 40 minutes to eat her dinner tonight, so she missed out on dessert.  Doesn't seem to worry her, she just goes slower.  He on the other hand, can't sit still for 5 minutes, so he shovels fork-fuls into his mouth and then runs around the house....


It's not even 8pm and I'm ready for bed.  They aren't being naughty, just constant....and I'm exhausted.


I wonder if Jesus' mother ever had days like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment