James 1:2-4 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
My new job is driving me nuts. I don't know what I am doing, and I am frustrated beyond belief. After 12 years of working in a law firm, I thought I was an intelligent person. But then I took 6 and a half years off to raise my children, and my brain kind of went foggy. This job has thrown things at me that I really don't know how to cope with. For one thing, I am expected to study. I haven't studied since I was 15!!! I'm expected to have time management skills..... about the only thing that you can control when you have children, is when you put food in front of them (notice I didn't say "when they eat.... the two are not necessarily related). I'm expected to be a mind reader.... I could almost do that with my old boss, after all we had worked together for 12 years. But I have known my new boss for 4 months.... we don't have that connection going yet. Best of all, I'm expected to act like a Christian ALL the time, because I made the bold move of telling my new boss that I was a Christian (he isn't), and so I am sure he is watching my every move and reaction.
My boss actually asked me for a Bible a few weeks ago. I was totally amazed. he is an avid reader, so I hope he reads it.
At least once a week I tell my husband I am going to quit, and he tells me that is fine. But then God gets involved.... This week when I said I was going to quit... God whispered to me "perseverance".
So I guess I don't have any choice at the moment but to be obedient, study hard, and pray more! I certainly would like to be "mature and complete, not lacking anything".
No comments:
Post a Comment