I have previously reviewed Heaven is for Real and Heaven is for Real for Kids. I absolutely loved those books, and in fact I thought that Heaven is for Real was (and still is) one of the most amazing books I have ever read. So I was very keen to read Todd and Sonja Burpo's book - Heaven Changes Everything: Living Everyday with Eternity in Mind.The basic message of this book is "How would you live your life differently today if you knew that no matter what happened, everything would be okay, even wonderful, in the end?"
I enjoyed reading the account of what happened next (after the publication of Heaven is for Real) – in the lives of the Burpos. I especially enjoyed Sonja's account (since she doesn't write in the first book).
However for some reason I found it really difficult to "get into" this book. Whether it was the repetitive nature of it (it quotes a lot from the original book), or it just wasn't what I was expecting, I am not sure.
It's hard for me to judge whether someone reading this book who hadn't read the first one, would find enough here to satisfy their longing to know more about heaven. However it is a pleasant devotional, and one that reminds us again that, beyond the hardships we may face in this life, God's incredible gift of heaven awaits us. Heaven isn't just an idea, it is "for real" and you're going to love it!
Disclosure: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com <http://BookSneeze.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.
To browse other reviews or obtain further details about this book, go to http://booksneeze.com
It's good to know what you think of it Janet. I haven't come across the sequel yet but really enjoyed the first one. It is quite a remarkable story.
ReplyDelete